This is another post in the interests of helping people see simple reproducible spiritual practices that can be used in a church setting.
– 3 Psalms – choose your own – (I used 13, 19 and 100 – all a different vibe)
– read the Psalms aloud right thru while people listen or follow along
– each person chooses which Psalm they identify with most closely
– journal some thoughts about why
– meditation/reflective exercise looking back over the last few days observing activities, feelings, high points, low points, God moments, etc
– journal what you are thinking / feeling as a result and observe any connections between Psalm and your experience
– split into three groups based on Psalm
– talk about what you felt, experienced, sensed God may be saying
Its not rocket science, anyone can do it and it relies on people connecting with the spirit to make it valuable.